Tourist farm KICHIJIEN, located in Kumamoto City, Kumamoto Prefecture, the heart of Kyushu, offers you a variety of fruit picking experiences.
You can enjoy grape picking, apple picking, tangerine picking, pear picking, persimmon picking, and strawberry picking in a quiet and scenic setting surrounded by vast orange groves.
The fruit store and the fruit soft-serve ice cream store 【KICHIJIEN cafe】 are also open for the visitors. Please stop by.
※June grapes are only sold at the direct sales office.
※The harvest time may be slightly different due to the weather and other reasons.
The amount you put in your basket (to take home) will be weighed and sold at the reception desk.
Only all-you-can-eat customers are required to pay in advance (40-minute time limit).
All-you-can-eat customers can also take home a portion of the food.
- Orchard (grapes, apples, tangerines, persimmons, pears)
- 〒861－0151 556－1 Uekimachi-kitome, Kita-ku, Kumamoto City, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
- Strawberry Garden
- 〒861－0151 543 Uekimachi-kitome, Kita-ku, Kumamoto City, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
Coming by car
From Kumamoto City
- Route 1: Prefectural Route 31
- Take the prefectural road next to JR Kamikumamoto Station toward Sojo University and go to Uekimachi. It is a straight line to the KICHIJIEN direct sales shop. There is a Bento Hirai and a Seven-Eleven on the way. Turn right at the intersection next to Garden House Ueda, and you will soon reach the strawberry garden. Turn left and you will reach the orchard in about 3 minutes.
- Route 2 (National Highway 3)
- Go north from the center of Kumamoto City (Suidomachi intersection) toward Ueki and Yamaga. Turn left at the intersection of Uekimachi and Ueki Bypass, then turn left at the next intersection and follow the signs for about 5 minutes until you reach the direct sales shop.
From Fukuoka area
Get off the Kyushu Expressway at the Ueki Interchange and drive about 15 minutes toward central Kumamoto. You will see McDonald's, Kentucky, and 7-Eleven on your left. Turn right at Matsubara Intersection, the intersection of Seven-Eleven, and follow the signs for about 5 minutes to reach the direct sales shop.
Coming by JR
From Kumamoto Station
Take the JR Kagoshima Main Line (bound for Tosu) to Ueki Station (12 minutes), then take a cab for about 5 minutes.
From Hakata Station
From the Shinkansen Hakata Station, take a train to Kumamoto Station (33 minutes), transfer to the JR Kagoshima Main Line (bound for Tosu) to Ueki Station (12 minutes), and take a cab for about 5 minutes.